Taste & ExperienceInovative Winemaking
All the wines we make at Second Growth are made with estate-grown grapes from our family-owned vineyards.
Dedicated to the pursuit of exceptional wines
We use small lots, separately fermented to make our limited production wines. Each wine is a great expression of the varietal and of the land it came from.
2021Willamette Valley Pinot Gris
- VinificationThe Pinot Gris fruit was whole-cluster pressed immediately upon arrival at the cellar and the juice allowed to settle for 36 hours. The juice was then racked clean into stainless steel ferments..
- Tasting notesAromas of pear, baking spices, slate/stone and fresh fennel. The palate is fresh and balanced with notes of white nectarine and mandarin orange..
2021Willamette Valley Rosé
- VinificationThis Rose is made from Pinot Noir (30%), Pinot Gris (30%), Pinot Blanc (18%), Riesling (12%) and Muller-Thurgau (10%). 100% of the Pinot Noir was de-stemmed and placed in the press with whole-clusters of..
- Tasting notesAromas of plum, white pepper, and raspberry. The palate is bright and balanced with notes of ripe strawberry, orange zest and white plums. Textured in the mid-palate..
2018Columbia Valley Red Wine Blend
- Tasting notesFull-bodied and complex offering aromas of plum, black currant, dark chocolate and a hint of espresso. The mouth feel is big with vanilla, cocoa, black cherry, and fine..
- VinificationAfter harvest, the grapes (65% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon) for our 2018 Red Blend were destemmed and allowed to cold..
- Food pairingsGrilled Salmon, Hearty Pastas, Grilled Flank Steak with Peppercorns
Second GrowthThe Vineyard
We farm all of our vineyards in the Willamette Valley in Oregon and the Columbia Valley in Washington using Biodynamic principles.
ExploreSecond Growth Wines
2021 Willamette Valley Pinot Gris
Aromas of pear, baking spices, slate/stone and fresh fennel. The palate is fresh and balanced with notes of white nectarine.. more info
2019 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Aromas of rose petal, fresh sage, red cherry and black currants. The palate shows juicy red and black fruits.. more info
2018 Columbia Valley Red Wine Blend
Full-bodied and complex offering aromas of plum, black currant, dark chocolate and a hint of espresso.. more info
2019 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
Aromas of dark plum, cassis, vanilla, toasted oak, violets and blueberry jump out of the glass.. more info
2021 Willamette Valley Rosé
Aromas of plum, white pepper, and raspberry. The palate is bright and balanced with notes of ripe strawberry.. more info
Doug & Ashli CohenThe Team behind the wine
Doug & Ashli Cohen have been in the wine business for over 60 years combined. They have experience on the production and vineyard side, winery sales, wholesale, and restaurant. This gives them a unique perspective for the Second Growth Winery. They have always been champions for First Growth quality wines at a Second Growth price. They have partnered with generations old family vineyards in the Willamette Valley of Oregon and the Columbia Valley in Washington to create these award-winning wines.
Doug spent 25 years on the wholesale side of the wine industry in sales, sales management and ownership before spending the last 10 years on the winery side.
Ashli split her 25 years in the industry between wholesale, managing restaurant wine/beverage programs and winery management as well as working for one of the top importers of French and Spanish wines. They are focused solely on QUALITY in the bottle which begins in the vineyard.
We are fanatical about doing everything we can in the vineyard to bring top quality fruit to the winery and ultimately beautiful wine to your table.
Wine.. offers a greater range for
enjoyment and appreciation
than possibly any other purely
sensory thing which may be purchased. Ernest Hemingway